Someone said “Food reflects not only the material world but also the spirit world of a country.” Therefore, for foreigners, enjoying food in another country is one of the most special ways to explore its culture.
According to CNN Travel “What list of Vietnamese cuisine would be complete without best pho hanoi? It’s almost impossible to walk a block in Vietnam’s major cities without bumping into a crowd of hungry patrons slurping noodles at a make shift pho stand”.
And you, have you tried Best Pho Ha Noi yet? If not, don’t worry because Ha Noi Free Local Tour will please to guide you enjoy one of the best dishes in our Ha Noi street food tour online.
Like Pizza in Italia, Pho is one of best cuisine food in Viet Nam but it is particular in Ha Noi. It is the dish that you shouldn’t miss ‘even if in your last night in Ha Noi.
No one can make sure about “when pho was created and who created it?” because there are many opinions about this issue. According to some scholars, pho was created in the 20 century, especially particular in Ha Noi. Thus, there are places which have sold pho for decades. For people who ate it, all of them have high opinion about pho in Ha Noi. That why Pho is the most famous dish in Ha Noi.
Pho is diversified in kind and taste depending on regional culture. In Ha Noi, places have created many different kind of best pho in hanoi to make fresh taste so foreigners have an attracting long list of choices .However, beef pho and chicken pho are the best kinds of pho.
WHAT BEST PHO HANOI IS MADE OF
If you are wondering of what pho is made of, you are far from alone in your confusion. Despite variations of ingredients, the main elements of the dish are steamy broth, fresh rice noodles, sliced beef or chicken, and herbs or scallions.
HOW TO DO BEST PHO HANOI
Broth is the most important element in dish which makes the difference between places. In another word, broth decides whether pho dish is good or not. It makes the specifically distinctive taste of dish. Pig’s calf muscle or beef’s bones are steamed in from 3 hours to 7 hours. Thus, broth has an especially natural sweet and greasy taste that no kind of sugar can. After steaming them, broth is added many kind of seasoning such as onion, ginger, cinnamons, coriander seeds, star anise. These elements arouse peoples’ taste strongly. Each place selling best pho in Ha Noi has a secret of what amount of each element. It is called “secret recipe” to create distinguishing taste. “Secret recipe “is based on experience and skill of chefs. Therefore, some places become famous while some are not.
Sliced meats are another important element of pho. Meat is chosen carefully to make sure that they are fresh. Because only fresh meat can make good pho bowls. Meat is medium to make them softy enough when you chew. You can feel sweet of meat which is mixed with greasy taste of broth is the taste that you have never tried before.
Fresh rice noodles used in pho is often made of a special kind of rice. The rice is planted in Viet Nam. After through some handicraft steps, rice turns noodles. Chefs have some tips to make noodles white and tough. They said it is a traditional recipe that used many years from generation to next one.
Whereas in some countries, they often eat baked meat with mashed potatoes, Vietnamese has a similar special habit of eating. Because of its greasy taste; Vietnamese often eat pho accompanying vegetables to make the balance taste. There are many kinds of vegetables such as lettuce, been sprouts, coriander or basil. Besides vegetables, each place has other dishes which are served accompanied. That is another plus mark for them.
Now, I think it is time you wanted to search in Google “where can you get the best pho in Ha Noi?” Ha Noi Free Tour Guide has list of top 5 the best places for you.
SPECIAL RESTAURANT PHO IN HANOI
- Address: 7th Hang Thung, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
- About: Although it is not as famous as traditional places, it attracts customers by a unique characteristic. That is the mixture between music and pho, modern and tradition.
It is a good choice for people who want to listen to good songs while eating a pho bowl. I think it is a wonderful experience for you.
- Reviews: This place is wonderful. Its decor and songs make us very impressed. The service and food was great. Spring roll and Pho is the best.
PHO SUONG (EXTREMELY HAPPY PHO)
- Address: 24th Trung Yen, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
- About: its name makes the first impression on people because of its strange. Owner explains that “in order to make Gods (the way Vietnamese call their customers) curious and extremely happy when they eat here, I choose that name.” in addition, the broth is a plus mark for customers. Sliced meat in pho is appreciated highly. It is sweet and soft enough to eat.
- Opening time: 5h30 am to 11h am
4h30 pm to 9h30 pm.
- Price: from 15000 VND to 39000VN
- Reviews: John “ the best pho i have ever tried. I think it is one for the best thing i can’t forget about Viet Nam.”
- Address: 13th Lo Duc, Ha Noi.
- About: the place has been famous for more than 30 years. Its specialty is broth’s taste which is made of steamy bone’s sweet and seasoning. You are severed accompanying “ quay” ( a dish made of tapioca). It is a distinguish characteristic of Pho Thin. The place is often crowed from morning till evening.
- Opening time: 6:00 am to 8:30pm
- Price: 40.000 VND to 60.000VND
- Reviews: Dave “ Its price is very cheap for the best beef Pho. I think the best thing of this pho is that its stir- fried beef or chicken. Moreover, the soup is so great that I think i can’t forget.”
10th LY QUOC SU
- Address : +) 10th Ly Quoc Su – 0438.257.338
+) 42th Hang Voi – 0915088586
+) N2A Hoang Minh Giam
- About: the place attracts people by its authentic, local and taste, the good quality of meat and seasoning. Moreover, the attitude serving here is very high, especially foreigners. Chiefs are please to sever people according to their taste. Therefore, there are many foreigners choose the place to eat pho each time they visit Viet Nam.
- Opening time: 6:30 am to 10:30 pm
- Price: 50.000VND to 77.000 VND
- Reviews: Chan : “the first time i have ever visited Ha Noi, I ate Pho in this place. My impression is great. I think i have to come back many times.”
Traditional Bat Dan place.
- Address: 49th Bat Dan, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
- About: Bat Dan is one of the best traditional places that you should come first when you want to enjoy a sapid pho bowl. It can be said that Bat Dan has a great contribution to reserve the distinctive taste of pho in Ha Noi for many years. It is not strange if you see people line up or pay first to enjoy a pho bowl here. Even if, after 9h am, if you are not hurry, pho will be sold out. It is speacial enough to prove its fame.
- Opening time: 6am to 10am
6pm to 8h30 pm.
- Price: because of its unique taste, its price is quite high from 30.000 VND to 55.000VND.
- Reviews: Gruu: “Oh mu God. I have tried many kinds of Pho but Pho in bat Dan is the best dish in the world.
I hope you have your choice now. So it is time went out and enjoyed a pho bowl at least one time but I think you won’t eat pho only one time. Let’s try it!!!
Vietnam is not only famous for best pho hanoi, but also distinctively strong of coffee. Let’s click What to eat to add information about hightlight coffee shop in Hanoi, and coffee filter in Hanoi.